To wrap-up our month of identifying, confronting, and correcting myths – today’s chat will center around the idea of identity. Last week we got literal: sharing myths and truths about ourselves as patients, e-patients, and Health Activists. Let’s continue with that idea – but get a bit more philosophical.
Who are you? What comprises you as a person? As a patient? As a leader?
Join us at 3pm ET to discuss the following:
- How do people’s health condition(s) play into how they see themselves?
- What’s the difference between how you see yourself pre-diagnosis and post-diagnosis?
- Does a title (definitive diagnosis) make a difference? How?
- How does a diagnosis play into how others see you?
- What tips do you have for someone who is coming to terms with themselves as a patient?
- Is there such a thing as “finding yourself”? If yes – what does it mean? If no – why not?
- How can we work together to make newly diagnosed patients feel comfortable no matter who they are?
We’ll be tweeting over in our Tweetchat Room: http://tweetchat.com/room/HAchat#