• Mesothelioma Awareness Day is September 26, 2015 and the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is spreading awareness of the disease, it’s causes and prevention.
• About 3,000 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma each year in the US.
• Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos fibers, a carcinogen in construction and consumer products that is not banned in the US.
• Mesothelioma is a rare, but completely preventable cancer.
• Knowing information on asbestos exposure is key in mesothelioma prevention.
So what can you do?
o Help spread the word by donating your social status here
o If you have an older home, make sure that any asbestos abatement is carried out by a licensed professional.
o Contact a local senator and tell them you want a ban on asbestos.
Information above provided by: http://www.mesothelioma.com/