April 30th, 2013
You made it! 30 posts in 30 days!
- Today, write a recap of your experience. What was your favorite prompt? Least favorite? What have you learned?
- Describe your HAWMC experience in one word!
We have enjoyed reading all of your posts, learning more about your lives and seeing the passion in your writing! We hope you’ve enjoyed this month of 30 posts and if you made it all the way through, tell us about your …Read More
April 29th, 2013
- We all know Health Activists are awesome. Share three things you love about yourself, things you’re great at, or just want to share. Don’t undercut or signpost!
Congratulations on a great month so far – only two more posts to go! It’s time to give kudos to yourself for the hard work you put in for your fans, friends and loved ones. Feel free to share anything about those who have inspired you or anyone else that deserves …Read More
April 28th, 2013
- Create a must follow list for your community on a single social network. Share your top 5-10 tweeters, blogs, or Facebook pages.
As soon as you log on you go to your favorites to see what is new, you have your routine and make the rounds at all your top sites. There are so many amazing blogs, list serves, forums, boards, Twitter and Facebook pages out there that sometimes it’s hard to pin …Read More
April 27th, 2013
- If you wrote a book about your life, your community, your condition, or your Health Activism – what would you title it?
- What about your biography?
Come up with 5 working titles for these books about your life. See if you can focus on a different aspect of your life for each title and even include a quick synopsis of the book if you have time. Then maybe get to work writing the whole thing …Read More
April 26th, 2013
- What’s a day that you wish you could have used a pain-free pass (either in the future or the past)? How would being pain or worry-free impact that day?
There’s no doubt about the fact that your life has been changed by your condition. Were you never diagnosed, perhaps you wouldn’t have spent so many hours in the doctor’s office or so much money on medications. Perhaps you’d still be …Read More
April 25th, 2013
- We don’t stop learning when we leave the classroom. Share something you learned from another Health Activist (Share their name/blog/website!).
Maybe you have a tip you’d like to spread the word about and teach other Health Activists. Is it a fact about health care in general, tips for treatment, or a focus within your condition that you want to shine a light on? Whatever it is, get your notepads and #2s …Read More
April 24th, 2013
- Create a Pinterest board for your health focus. Pin 3 things. Share the image.
Need inspiration? Check out our HAWMC 2013 Board!
Participating in #HAWMC? Tweet us a link to your post using the #HAWMC hashtag and be sure to share your post in the WEGO Health 2013 HAWMC Event on Facebook.
It’s not too late! Even though Health Activist Writer’s Month has …Read More
April 23rd, 2013
Today’s post was recommended by Christina of http://www.stickwithitsugar.com
- “I wish this gizmo could track my condition!”
It seems like every day there is a new device, website, application, or program that is implemented to help you track and hopefully improve your health. Easier said than done when it comes down to the reality of …Read More
April 22nd, 2013
Today’s post was recommended by Abigail of http://hiddencourage.wordpress.com/
- Write about something ordinary that’s inspiring to you, something simple, perhaps overlooked, that fuels your activism.
- Write about the things you couldn’t live without – list 10 things you need or love most.
Sometimes the smallest things can make the biggest difference. Random acts of kindness such as someone holding a door for you or giving you a size bigger of the coffee you ordered. Seeing the green shoots of daffodils …Read More
April 21st, 2013
Today’s post was recommended by Christina of www.stickwithitsugar.com
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” – Mulan
- True or false? When do you bloom best?
Today’s post was offered by a fellow HAWMC participant and Health Activist. Let’s focus on how adversity affects you, your health, and your Health Activism.
Participating in #HAWMC? Tweet us a link to your post …Read More